Useful data links for the DFW region:
Sometimes, knowing where to look is hard. We've gathered a set of useful links to data from across the DFW region, and for data in the region from other providers, to help get you started.
- City of Dallas Open Data Portal
- City of Dallas GIS data (Specifically, see this page).
- Denton County GIS download page.
- City of Denton Open Data Portal
- Tarrant County GIS Data Portal
- Tarrant County Appraisal District Data Downloads
- City of Fort Worth Open Data Portal
- North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) Regional Data Center (Many good mapping resources available here)
- Addison OpenGov page
- Frisco GIS Data Data Portal
US Federal Government Open Data Portal
- State of Texas Data Portal
- US Federal Government Open Data Portal
- FEMA Open Data Portal
- US Census maps and data page
- US Census data tools page
- US Census Population and Housing unit estimates page (annual data plus past years)
- US Census Cartographic Boundary Shapefile downloads (Many maps for Texas and Texas Counties: maybe start here!)
- Direct FTP link to US Census TIGER files for 2018
- US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Data Catalog
- NASA Precipitation Data downloads
- NASA Open Data Portal
- CivicData.io (here, the files for SouthLake, TX)
Other sites that may be relevant to your challenges on Open Data Day:
- The Dallas 2019 Zoning Submittal schedule as well as daily updates regarding the number of zoning cases submitted for the upcoming deadline
- An overview of the process to request a zoning change in Dallas.
- Search for Dallas zoning cases based on a date range or other criteria
- City of Dallas Zoning webpage